Thursday, March 29, 2012

ERROR: Failure to compile WMI file

I received this error at the end of the "Reporting Services" setup.

I checked WMI process in Services and everything is OK, it's running.

So far I was able to install Designer Tools only (unchecking Report Manager and Report server).

All system components are up to date and SQL Server SP3 is installed.

I would highly appreciate it if somebody could help me out. It's now matter of survival to me.

Thanks in advance,

Confused Virginian

You also need SP3a to install Reporting Services. Hope this helps.|||

Caddre,

Thank you for your help. I already have SP3 installed.

Eventually I found the fix, right there:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wmisdk/wmi/reinstalling_wmi.asp

This article explains how to recreate corrupted WMI repository.

Virginian

No comments:

Post a Comment