Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error: Cannot fetch the rowset from OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "

Hi,

I′m trying to make several distributed queries to a linked server, and for some of them I get this error message. I can′t find anytihing about it anywhere. Can anyone tell me what could be the reason of this error? The way I'm executing the query in my stored procedure is:

exec sp_executesql @.sqlinsert

@.sqlinsert being a nvarchar sentence that contains the distibuted query.

Thank you!

Mehdi

Guess the provider needs a return value. I don′t know if it needs a return status like return 1 or return 0, or he needs something to handle (just a dummy select or something else. Try setting the return value for the stored procedure.

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment