Thursday, March 29, 2012

Error: Contains more than the maximum number of prefixes. Maximum

I am running an update statement in query analyzer to update a database with
data from another database on another server.
I am running into the error : Error: Contains more than the maximum number
of prefixes. Maximum is 3
How do I overcome this error. I am the admin on both servers.
> I am running an update statement in query analyzer to update a database
with
> data from another database on another server.
> I am running into the error : Error: Contains more than the maximum number
> of prefixes. Maximum is 3
> How do I overcome this error. I am the admin on both servers.
Object names in SQL Server have 4 parts: server.database.owner.objectname
Therefore, you ca have only 3 prefixes. Check the names in your Update
query.
Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
Associate Mentor
www.SolidQualityLearning.com

No comments:

Post a Comment