Monday, March 26, 2012

Error: 7886, Severity: 20, State: 1.

Hi All

I am seeing this error being logged in my SQL 2005 Ent machine

A read operation on a large object failed while sending data to the client. A common cause for this is if the application is running in READ UNCOMMITTED isolation level. This connection will be terminated.

It seems to be arising out of a read of a text column.

Any info on this will be appreciated. Thanks

K T

You're not running CTP version, right?

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=233339&SiteID=1|||

No

Its build 9.0.2153

|||

Hi Kts,

Do you use Row versioning in you database?

I waiting for your answer.

Regards,

|||

No !

|||

Hi kts,

What you TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL do you run the code?

Can you post the query here?

Regards,

|||

hi

Like the message says READ UNCOMMITTED . its actually just a select with NO LOCK. The problem is I can only guess which proc it is but not know for sure as I am not able to recreate the problem manually.

|||

Ah, you use 'nolock' hint. There are issues with using such hint. I suggest you take a look at the following KB.

http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/235880

|||

I'm still having the same problem..

My sql query results about 100Mb of information.

What can I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment