Thursday, March 29, 2012

Error: Email Subscription to Report (Sharepoint Integrated Mode) Options

I encounter this error when user try to subscribe using email delivery
to one of the report. I have configured the Reporting Services to use
Sharepoint integrated mode. This user is a regular user that has read
access to the report item.

Below is the message detail:

A subscription delivery error has occurred. (rsDeliveryError)
A subscription delivery error has occurred. (rsDeliveryError)
One of the extension parameters is not valid for the following reason:
The account you are using does not have administrator privileges. A
subscription cannot be created for [emailaddress].
(rsInvalidExtensionParameter)

Is it true that user needs to have administrator privilege in order to
subscribe for report? I don't think so, right?

Regards,
Gunady Ng

Hi Gunady,

Non-admin users can only send a report to an email address that is specified in the SharePoint user profile for that user. Can you check the "TO" field and ensure that the email address is that of the user as seen in the SharePoint user profile?

Thanks,

Sharmila

|||

Thank you for the answer. Is this restriction apply to cc or bcc as well?

Regards,

Gunady Ng

|||

Yes, it applies to all.

Thanks,
Sharmila

|||

is there a way around this?

Is there a way to setup on per-report basis?

I'm using reporting services within sharepoint as a content delivery solution, I need teh users to be able ost chedule reports and have them delivered by email to thair sharpoint drop box and/or to their customers staright from teh subscripton interface

I'm able to do this as admin but I need teh users to be able to do the same

I tried looking in the rsreportsever.config but can not figure out how to do this, I set <sendemailtouseralias>False but still nothing,

I also dont have the otion for CC: or BCC: when I'm loged in with nonadministrative account.

There must be an option for this but I'm not finding it in any documentation

I'm running Reporting Services SP2 in WSS3 integrated mode

Please advice and help...

Thanks

Nik

No comments:

Post a Comment