Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error: can't load configuration file

I had VS 2005 RC installed along with the Sep CTP of SQL Server (tools only)
and it was working fine.
Then I installed VS 2003 on that same machine. Now, everytime I lauch VS
2005 I get this message:
The configuration file RSReportDesigner.config could not be loaded.
The type initializer for "Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.Global"
threw an exception.
I don't even use reporting services. Does anyone know how to make this
error go away?
TIA,
Mike RodriguezMichael Rodriguez wrote:
> I had VS 2005 RC installed along with the Sep CTP of SQL Server (tools only)
> and it was working fine.
> Then I installed VS 2003 on that same machine. Now, everytime I lauch VS
> 2005 I get this message:
> The configuration file RSReportDesigner.config could not be loaded.
> The type initializer for "Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.Global"
> threw an exception.
> I don't even use reporting services. Does anyone know how to make this
> error go away?
> TIA,
> Mike Rodriguez
I was using Reporting Services just fine until I've installed VS.net
2003, now I get the same error message you're getting...Can anybody
help?sql

No comments:

Post a Comment