Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error: can not connect to the database

Hello
First of all, let me tell you, I have no knowledge of SQL server at all. We
have an SQL Server 2005 that has been installed by an external company. I
have installed a new database on it, using the default settings that were
displayed on my screen.
When I try to connect to the database (I'm a domain administrator),
everything works just fine. If an end user tries the same the following error
is shown of the screen:
Error: can not connect to the database. ConnectionString:
Provider=SQLOLEDB.1; Integrated Security Info=False;Inital
Catalog=ZeugnisManager2006; Data Source=RBS-W11
I'm almost sure that my end user needs some additional rights to have to be
declared in the SQL console... but when I try to add a domain user in the
permissions option, the object isn't recognized... I checked that the Windows
Authentication is allowed on the SQL server, so I really do not know where to
start from now...
Please help me, knowing you should explain it as simply as possible... I
have no idea of SQL Server...
Thanks
Nicolas
They need to set Integrated Security =True in their connection string, and
make sure that the nt account they are connecting with can logon to SQL
Serve rand have a db acconut which has rights to the database.
Either that or they should use SQL Authentication with a SQL Account.
Hilary Cotter
Director of Text Mining and Database Strategy
RelevantNOISE.Com - Dedicated to mining blogs for business intelligence.
This posting is my own and doesn't necessarily represent RelevantNoise's
positions, strategies or opinions.
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"Nicolas Heyer" <NicolasHeyer@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B2AC3BE8-9947-4B3D-99B3-22D7094B3635@.microsoft.com...
> Hello
> First of all, let me tell you, I have no knowledge of SQL server at all.
> We
> have an SQL Server 2005 that has been installed by an external company. I
> have installed a new database on it, using the default settings that were
> displayed on my screen.
> When I try to connect to the database (I'm a domain administrator),
> everything works just fine. If an end user tries the same the following
> error
> is shown of the screen:
> Error: can not connect to the database. ConnectionString:
> Provider=SQLOLEDB.1; Integrated Security Info=False;Inital
> Catalog=ZeugnisManager2006; Data Source=RBS-W11
> I'm almost sure that my end user needs some additional rights to have to
> be
> declared in the SQL console... but when I try to add a domain user in the
> permissions option, the object isn't recognized... I checked that the
> Windows
> Authentication is allowed on the SQL server, so I really do not know where
> to
> start from now...
> Please help me, knowing you should explain it as simply as possible... I
> have no idea of SQL Server...
> Thanks
> Nicolas

No comments:

Post a Comment