Friday, March 9, 2012

Error Working With DTS -- "Class Not Registered"

I have a DTS package (stored in a .dts file) that was created in SQL Server 2000 and I am trying to work with it in SQL 2005. When I try to import it into the Legacy > Data Transformation Services node in Management Studio, I get a window that reads "Class Not Registered (Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package)". I get the same error if I try to just execute the package itself from a query window.

I have Legacy Support installed, and I also have Integration Services installed.

Any ideas? We have three installations of SQL 2005 and I am getting the same error on all of them.

Have you installed Microsoft SQL Server 2000 DTS Designer Components from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=df0ba5aa-b4bd-4705-aa0a-b477ba72a9cb&displaylang=en

The DTS designer does not get installed with SSIS.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment