Friday, March 9, 2012

error wmi task

i have really hard time with this.it sits there showing yellow or it neither runs...

how should this be actually set?

Again, Books On-Line will help you.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms141130.aspx|||i have look at everything but this dosent seem to work at all...|||

That doesn't help us. We don't know what your trying to accomplish, and we don't know what settings you've tried, etc... Provide more details and perhaps we can help you.

|||

ok i transfer from flat file to sql database

i want to put this task in place to check if the file had arrived.If so i want my packge execution to begin.

In my control flow i have wmi task

the file is located on shared drive.and not on my local machine.(ex t:\test\files\text.txt)

here

Connection managers:

servename=\\localhost

namespace=\root\cimv2

WMIQuerySourceTypeirectinput

WMIQuerySource:

SELECT * FROM __InstanceCreationEvent WITHIN 10 WHERE Targetinstance ISA "CIM_DirectoryContainsFile" and TargetInstance.GroupComponent= "Win32_Directory.Name=\"t:\test\files\text.txt""

Rest of the fields i leave as they are..

Is this right?please let me know..

|||

sureshv wrote:


ok i transfer from flat file to sql database

i want to put this task in place to check if the file had arrived.If so i want my packge execution to begin.

In my control flow i have wmi task

the file is located on shared drive.and not on my local machine.(ex t:\test\files\text.txt)

I wouldn't use WMI for this. I'd probably write a script task to periodically check for the file and sleep in between. Or use the File Watcher task. http://www.sqlis.com/23.aspx

|||

I've played around with the WMI components some, but not enough to remember proper syntax...

That said, you might look at the fact that you're specifying the Win32_Directory.GroupComponent as an individual file. I believe you might want it as the PartComponent.

|||i am just going mad with this task...i try several things and read stuff on it....but i just cant get it to work....it runs and shows yellow forever....could anyone let me know how it work?
your help is appreciated....

No comments:

Post a Comment