Wednesday, March 21, 2012

error: 18452; very urgent

We have 2 failover servers and one client in our test environment. We
have all the three configured in mixed mode authentication(windows +
sql server authentication). But when we are failing over from 1st
server to 2nd one, we are getting the following error message,
'Unable to connected to server xxxx: Server : Msg 18452, Level 16,
State 1 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login fai
led for
user 'null'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL server
connection.'
I got some clue.
For instance we have ser1 and ser2 as clusters. I registered both in
the client's EM. Now what I did was, I made ser1 to run and stopped sql
service in ser2 (active/passive) through failover. Now in the client's
EM I'm able to open ser1 and I cannot access ser2. Now what I did was,
I failed over to ser2 ( so sql service in ser1 is stopped). But now I
can still be able to access ser1 and also I can access ser2, even I'm
able to open query analyzer in ser1 through EM.But when I try to open
query analyzer directly, it is giving the same error message. ser1 is
the virtual name given to both ser1 and ser2. So I think when
connecting through EM, failover is occuring fine.I'm just wondering why
is this happening only with dsn. Can anybody help me?
Thanks,
Preethihttp://support.microsoft.com/defaul...kb;en-us;555332
"sqldbapree" <mohanpreethi0125@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1129898680.495504.25600@.g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> We have 2 failover servers and one client in our test environment. We
> have all the three configured in mixed mode authentication(windows +
> sql server authentication). But when we are failing over from 1st
> server to 2nd one, we are getting the following error message,
> 'Unable to connected to server xxxx: Server : Msg 18452, Level 16,
> State 1 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login f
ailed for
> user 'null'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL server
> connection.'
> I got some clue.
> For instance we have ser1 and ser2 as clusters. I registered both in
> the client's EM. Now what I did was, I made ser1 to run and stopped sql
> service in ser2 (active/passive) through failover. Now in the client's
> EM I'm able to open ser1 and I cannot access ser2. Now what I did was,
> I failed over to ser2 ( so sql service in ser1 is stopped). But now I
> can still be able to access ser1 and also I can access ser2, even I'm
> able to open query analyzer in ser1 through EM.But when I try to open
> query analyzer directly, it is giving the same error message. ser1 is
> the virtual name given to both ser1 and ser2. So I think when
> connecting through EM, failover is occuring fine.I'm just wondering why
> is this happening only with dsn. Can anybody help me?
> Thanks,
> Preethi
>

No comments:

Post a Comment