Sunday, March 11, 2012

error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe

I can use SQL Server Management Studio Express to connect to my local database SQL 2005 database on bknji\sqlexpress.

I am also able to connect to the database from Visual Studio, and this is where I copied the following connection string to be used in my C# code

string myConnectString = "Data Source=BKFNJI\\SQLEXPRESS;" +

"Initial Catalog=cmiCompatibilityDataBase" +

"Integrated Security=True;Pooling=False";

// specify SQL Server Specific Connection string

SqlConnection cmiDBCompConnection = new SqlConnection(myConnectString);

cmiDBCompConnection.Open();

when I attempt to run the apps, I get the

"System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException was unhandled
Message="A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.)".....

any idea what I am doing wrong, given that the connection string works using other means? I am using Windows authentication.

To add, the error in my log shows:

2007-03-17 21:10:55.82 Logon Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. [CLIENT: <local machine>]

Thanks,

Klaus

Seems although the server is expecting Windows Authentication, either no username was passed to the server internally or you are using a different connectionstring than the one posted above. Could you descrive your environment ? Are you in a domain, is the machine you are connecting from the same machine as the development machine ?


Jens K. Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

No comments:

Post a Comment