Sunday, February 26, 2012

Error with install of sept CTP Enterprise edition

Does SQL Server 2005 Sept CTP not support installation on XP? When I am installing, it gives me a warning that some things may not work with this OS, then when I get to the next screen I can't install anything.

Have you checked the pre-requisites such as .NET framework and IE version etc.
BTW what is the edition of XP & edition of CTP used?|||I am trying to install the september ctp enterprise edition on a machine with xp/sp2. I have reviewed the prereqs and I meet all of them. It says XP with sp2 and 512 ram; both are satisfied. I don't see any prereqs for .NET and I think that is because it installs .NET 2.0 when it installs. Any other ideas?|||Here is the warning I get when starting the install of the september CTP Enterprise version on a machine with XP/SP2 installed. If i continue to the components available for install, then the only thing enabled is 'Workstation components, ...'. All the actual database stuff is disable for install.

- SQL Server Edition Operating System Compatibility (Warning)

Messages

SQL Server Edition Operating System Compatibility

Some components of this edition of SQL Server are not supported on this operating system. For details, see 'Hardware and Software Requirements for Installing SQL Server 2005' in Microsoft SQL Server Books Online.

|||Enterprise Edition needs a server OS. You can install Express, Workgroup, Std and Developer Editions on XP, ie Desktop OS's|||I figured that was the problem. However, the download site does list XP/SP2 as a compatible OS for the enterprise edition. The bullet below was copied directly from the download page.

Supported Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 2

No comments:

Post a Comment