Friday, February 24, 2012

Error while trying to open/create a DTS - urgent

Hi,
I have MSDE SP3 installed and the only thing that I have changed
recently is my Windows login Password.
In the Enterprise Manager the SQL server is registered using mixed
authentication.
When I try to open any DTS in Design mode, I get an error dialog with
the title 'DTS Design error' and saying that:
"Error occured during creation of a DTS package"
and then when I click on the OKAY button I get the 2nd error dialog
saying:
"The selected package cannot be opened. The DTS designer has been
closed."
I am getting the same message when I try to create a new package
Can someone PLEASE help me out here.
Thanks.
Re-register the DTS dlls.
You can find them listed here
Redistributing DTS with your program
(http://www.sqldts.com/Default.aspx?225)
Allan Mitchell MCSE,MCDBA, (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
www.SQLDTS.com - The site for all your DTS needs.
www.Konesans.com
"Learner" <wantnospam@.email.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1bc14741c6d2435e989747@.msnews.microsoft.c om...
> Hi,
> I have MSDE SP3 installed and the only thing that I have changed
> recently is my Windows login Password.
> In the Enterprise Manager the SQL server is registered using mixed
> authentication.
> When I try to open any DTS in Design mode, I get an error dialog with
> the title 'DTS Design error' and saying that:
> "Error occured during creation of a DTS package"
>
> and then when I click on the OKAY button I get the 2nd error dialog
> saying:
> "The selected package cannot be opened. The DTS designer has been
> closed."
>
> I am getting the same message when I try to create a new package
> Can someone PLEASE help me out here.
> --
> Thanks.
|||Many thanks Allan. Appreciate your help.
Regards.

> | Re-register the DTS dlls.
> |
> | You can find them listed here
> |
> | Redistributing DTS with your program
> | (http://www.sqldts.com/Default.aspx?225)
> |
> |

No comments:

Post a Comment