Friday, February 24, 2012

Error while using a slowly changing dimension transformation

I have a SSIS package which contains a number of slowly changing dimension transformations. While the majority work I have one which gives me the following error 'Error: The variable "System::LocaleID" is already on the read list. A variable may only be added once to either the read lock list or the write lock list. '. This error only occurs if the destination table holds data. If I truncate the table and reload the data then the package complete successful. The only difference I can see between this dimension transformation and the other dimension transforms is that the one in question has 2 business keys while the rest have 1.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks

Have you installed SP1 and the hot fixes or SP2?

There was a bug in the variable handling which caused this error.
Although, the bug was not specifically for the SCD but variables in script task and derived columns and variables in general (so it would seem)|||

Yeah I've got SP2 installed.

Does this bug have a negative effect on the execution of the package? Has far has I can tell the package is completing. What is further confusing is if I empty the target dimension table I dont get the error. It only occurs on subsequent runs of the package when theres data present.

No comments:

Post a Comment