Sunday, February 26, 2012

error while working with dynamic query in report

Hi all,
I am trying to add report parameter to my report.I am getting "cannot
set the command text for dataset ''dataset_name " this kind of error. I am
working with sql server 2005.I found this tutorial in Books Online->sql
server tutorials - >Reporting Services Tutorials - >Using a dynamic query in
a report.
Can u plz tell me why i am getting this kind of error.
Thnx.YOu should repost this in the Reporting Services Group. But also include the
actual Query you are using...
ie
=" Select * From titles"
Wayne Snyder MCDBA, SQL Server MVP
Mariner, Charlotte, NC
I support the Professional Association for SQL Server ( PASS) and it''s
community of SQL Professionals.
"supriya" wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am trying to add report parameter to my report.I am getting "cann
ot
> set the command text for dataset ''dataset_name " this kind of error. I am
> working with sql server 2005.I found this tutorial in Books Online->sql
> server tutorials - >Reporting Services Tutorials - >Using a dynamic query
in
> a report.
> Can u plz tell me why i am getting this kind of error.
> Thnx.
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment