Friday, February 24, 2012

Error while trying to create a new connection in Visual C# Express 2005

Hi, the other day i decided to download and install C# Express and SQL Server Express 2005. I created a new project in C# Express then I decided to practice with database connectivity so I tried to create a new connection, in the wizard I specified SQL Server Authentication, typed the user name and password and when I pushed the button "Test Connection" I recieve this error message "Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server. Only an integrated connection can generate a user instance. The connection will be closed". I also have tried Windows Autentication, but it displays a more complex error that says something about the database file being used by other process. I have been trying to solve this problem, but nothing works. I think I need some help.Tongue TiedSad

While adding a Data Source in VB2005EE I also got this error which you received:

"Failed

to generate a user instance of SQL server. Only an integrated

connection can generate a user instance. The connection will be closed."

Solution that worked for me:

On

the "Add Connection" Dialog, click the "Advanced" Button. Go to the

Property "User Instance" under "Source". Change the value to "False"

& you are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment