Sunday, February 26, 2012

Error with connection

We are trying to move to a new server, due to problems with our current one.
Everything seems to be working, but we cannot seem to get the connection to
the SQL database. When we try to bring up the website that accesses the
database, we get the following error:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access
denied.
/incfiles/MainStoreFile_Real.asp, line 73
I have checked everything that I can think of (note- that I can think of),
but cannot get past this error. Does anyone have any ideas?
RickI think that
new DataBase don't take permission to access DB
Could you check your DataBase permission
<< DataBase Property--> permission >>
cheers.|||From the Web Server, ping the SQL Server.
That error indicates that SQL cannot be contacted.
And even if you can ping SQL, see if you can access the 1433 port from the
Web Server
Thanks
"Brewhaus" <Brewhaus@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2FFA9C1B-DF1E-439E-BFD6-8E89094FE503@.microsoft.com...
> We are trying to move to a new server, due to problems with our current
> one.
> Everything seems to be working, but we cannot seem to get the connection
> to
> the SQL database. When we try to bring up the website that accesses the
> database, we get the following error:
> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'
> [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access
> denied.
> /incfiles/MainStoreFile_Real.asp, line 73
> I have checked everything that I can think of (note- that I can think of),
> but cannot get past this error. Does anyone have any ideas?
> Rick|||Couple of things :
1. Check the firewall port ( if any ) between the App and the Database
Server is open or not .
2. Install the latest ODBC connections in your App server.
3. User Account and the Password trying to connect the Database server
having appropriater permissions and if the password is correct.
...Piku.
"Brewhaus" wrote:
> We are trying to move to a new server, due to problems with our current one.
> Everything seems to be working, but we cannot seem to get the connection to
> the SQL database. When we try to bring up the website that accesses the
> database, we get the following error:
> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'
> [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access
> denied.
> /incfiles/MainStoreFile_Real.asp, line 73
> I have checked everything that I can think of (note- that I can think of),
> but cannot get past this error. Does anyone have any ideas?
> Rick|||First, thank you for your responses.
I had confirmed before that the DB permissions were the same as on the
working server, but have now also checked that the permissions for the actual
file are also the same. I had considered the password issue before, so had
already very carefully re-entered it.
I am not sure how to ping the SQL server, or check the port, but the
software that is accessing the server is on the same computer as SQL server
and the DB file, so I am not sure if either of these could be the issue-
please tell me if they could, and if so, how to check them. I am actually
getting this error in a webpage on the same computer, so I cannot imagine
that it is a firewall issue.
Does anyone have any further thoughts on this?
Rick|||Change your connectionstring to use the IP address of the sql server instead
of the server name.
"Server=127.0.0.1;Database=DBname;User
ID=username;Password=password;Trusted_Connection=False"
To find the ipaddress: go to start-run-cmd-ipconfig, if that works then you
have a DNS issue.
To find out whether 1433 is open you can use the port query tool (MS has one).
HTH
--
Rakesh Ajwani
MCSD, MCSD.NET
"Brewhaus" wrote:
> First, thank you for your responses.
> I had confirmed before that the DB permissions were the same as on the
> working server, but have now also checked that the permissions for the actual
> file are also the same. I had considered the password issue before, so had
> already very carefully re-entered it.
> I am not sure how to ping the SQL server, or check the port, but the
> software that is accessing the server is on the same computer as SQL server
> and the DB file, so I am not sure if either of these could be the issue-
> please tell me if they could, and if so, how to check them. I am actually
> getting this error in a webpage on the same computer, so I cannot imagine
> that it is a firewall issue.
> Does anyone have any further thoughts on this?
> Rick
>|||I seem to be getting a little further. When I change the IP address that the
system tries to connect on I just get a licensing error on the software
(because it is set up with the other address). When I change the IP address
back, I get the connection error. Does this mean that the SQL server is
being run specifically on one of our IP addresses only? If so, is there a
way to change which address it runs on?|||All right, Now I have a feeling it's got to do with the port. Verify this for
me:
In the Enterprise manager, Right Click on the DB Server Node and hit
Properties. On the General Tab, Click Network Configuration, it should have
two protocols enabled, named pipes and TCP/IP, Highlight TCP/IP & click
properties, It will give you the default value of the port its running the
sql server on, if it is different than 1433, Include that port number in your
connectionstring and try and connect again
change your connection string like this
Data Source=VSERVER1\instancename,2433
Just curious do you have more than one instance(or a named instance) of sql
server running on this server. If you do please look at this following
article.
http://blogs.msdn.com/sql_protocols/archive/2006/02/27/539706.aspx
Rakesh Ajwani
MCSD, MCSD.NET
"Brewhaus" wrote:
> I seem to be getting a little further. When I change the IP address that the
> system tries to connect on I just get a licensing error on the software
> (because it is set up with the other address). When I change the IP address
> back, I get the connection error. Does this mean that the SQL server is
> being run specifically on one of our IP addresses only? If so, is there a
> way to change which address it runs on?|||We have only one instance of SQL Server running on the server.
I had checked the settings before, but went back and did so again, just in
case I had missed something. The port showing is 1433.
The server has multiple public IP addresses on a single NIC, though. Would
it matter which was the main one, or which is the one used when setting up
the internet connection with the Internet Connection Wizard?
What seems odd is that we are doing the testing directly on the server that
is running SQL Server. We are not coming in from another computer via the
network or internet connection. Because of that, I would not expect it to
matter which of the IP addresses we used. Obviously it does, though.
"Rakesh Ajwani" wrote:
> All right, Now I have a feeling it's got to do with the port. Verify this for
> me:
> In the Enterprise manager, Right Click on the DB Server Node and hit
> Properties. On the General Tab, Click Network Configuration, it should have
> two protocols enabled, named pipes and TCP/IP, Highlight TCP/IP & click
> properties, It will give you the default value of the port its running the
> sql server on, if it is different than 1433, Include that port number in your
> connectionstring and try and connect again
> change your connection string like this
> Data Source=VSERVER1\instancename,2433
> Just curious do you have more than one instance(or a named instance) of sql
> server running on this server. If you do please look at this following
> article.
> http://blogs.msdn.com/sql_protocols/archive/2006/02/27/539706.aspx
>
> --
> Rakesh Ajwani
> MCSD, MCSD.NET
>
> "Brewhaus" wrote:
> > I seem to be getting a little further. When I change the IP address that the
> > system tries to connect on I just get a licensing error on the software
> > (because it is set up with the other address). When I change the IP address
> > back, I get the connection error. Does this mean that the SQL server is
> > being run specifically on one of our IP addresses only? If so, is there a
> > way to change which address it runs on?

No comments:

Post a Comment