Sunday, February 19, 2012

Error While Scheduling the SSIS Package

Hello Everyone,
When i try to scedule a job on SQL Server Management Studio it gives the Following Error:

Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.SimpleObjectKey' to type 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Agent.JobObjectkey'.(Micorsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

Can anyone tell me why ?

MS SQL Server Details:

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.1399.06 (Intel X86) Oct 14 2005 00:33:37 Copyright (c) 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation Developer Edition on Windows NT 5.1 (Build 2600: Service Pack 2)

Hi,

Do you have this file?

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo.dll

Regards,

Janos

|||Yes, File is there on the specified path.

|||

Well, I got the same error one time, as far as I remember, I repaired my installation of SQL Server client tool.

Try to repair it please.

regards,

Janos

|||thanks janos,

i have a local server installed on my workstation along with sp2.
Do you really think reinstalling the server will work ?
|||

Well, It worked for me Wink

Maybe you just repair your installation will be enough.

Regards,

Janos

|||Is there any option for repairing the server ?
Coz i haven't seen any while installing.
|||Did you manage to find a solution for this problem? I get the same error when trying to create an Agent job. I've repaired the SQL Native Client but to no avail. I still get the error.
|||No, not yet !!! I am still working on it.
One of the forum member advised me to repair the server but for you if it did not work, then i am doubtful.
|||You can repair the application from "Programs and Features" (Vista) or "Add/Remove Programs" (XP) in control panel|||

Hi Vick,

I just realized something. I saw the error message contains the SQL build w/o service pack, but you wrote you have SP2 installed (but maybe just for database services and SSMS or just SSIS). Have you tried to install the SP2 to the SSIS or those, where not installed?

Regards,

Janos

|||No, Its not working even after repairing the server.

Thanks
Janos
|||Sorry Vick, I'm out of ideas. I tried to recreate the same error on a virtual machine, but no luck. Sad I'm sorry.|||Hi Janos,

Sp2 is not specific to the service you are using. It upgrades all the services of server (EE, DE, SE, etc).

Check out the link
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=d07219b2-1e23-49c8-8f0c-63fa18f26d3a&displaylang=en
|||check out the post.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1793362&SiteID=1

check if you are experiencing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment