Friday, February 24, 2012

Error while trying to deploy SSIS Package

Hi,
I am trying to deploy a DTSX package to 32-bit SQL Server 2005 in a 64-bit machine from my installer.
I am getting the following error in the SaveToSQLServer method:
The SaveToSQLServer method has encountered OLE DB Error code 0x80004005 (Communication Link Failure). The SQL statement that was issued has failed.
However I am not facing this problem when I try to deploy the DTSX package to a 32-bit SQL Server 2005 in a 32-bit machine.
Can anyone tell me why this happens and how this could be solved?
Thanks,
Sandhya

It sounds like you're doing this through BIDS now, which is fine but as a debug step will Management Studio even let you import the package in? That will prove you have connectivity to the SSIS service. You'll need port 135 open to the server to your box if you haven't already done so. Another tactic is to create a deployment utility and deploy the entire project. You may already know that one but just in case, here's a video to walk you through that series of steps: http://www.jumpstarttv.com/Media.aspx?vid=28.

Brian

|||

Hi,

I tried importing the packages. I was able to do that successfully. Still when I tried to install, the packages were not gettign deployed. So I reinstalled SQL server 2005 and tried. It worked. But when I try installing my solution repeatedly, the same error occurs. Why does this happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment