Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Error with Neural Network Viewer

I have read the threads regarding the Neural Network Viewer and I think I have a similar problem. I do have Service Pack 2 installed and I'm running the x64 version of SQL 2005.

I'm building a model from a single relational CASE table. Granted the table has many columns summarized at the customer level but there are it is well formed and has no NULL values (plenty of zero or blank values though). The only time I can get the NN Viewer to work is when I accept the attribute recommendations. It seems once I stray from these recommendation, even if there is still correlation with an attribute, I cannot view the model using the NN Viewer. My latest error message says:

"The provider could not determine the String value. For example, the row was just created, the default for the String column was not available, and the consumer had not yet set a new String value."

I get this message even when all input attributes are Continuous so I'm not sure what String column it is referring to.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm in a time crunch and I have sold the client on SQL Server 2005 capabilities. It's a bit embarrasing if I can't get this resolved.

-- Steve

P.S.: I don't recall having any issues with the NN Viewer prior to Service Pack 2 (although others have). Have you done regression testing to test this issue?

Hello,

Is it possible for you to export your model and send it to us? You can send to tatyanam "at" microsoft "dot" com.

Thanks,

Tatyana

|||

Hi Tatyana

Per our joint discovery, it appears that dates that are too far out into the future (e.g., 12/31/9999) are causing this problem. The solution is to either use earlier default dates (e.g., 12/31/2999) or discretize the date fields. This eliminates the specific NN Viewer problem I was experiencing.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment