Sunday, March 11, 2012

Error: "EXECUTE permission denied on object..."

I get this error when I try to preview a report that uses a stored procedure. The stored procedure does not exist in the database, but in the directory I run the report from. The stored procedure declares which database to use, and to create the temp table I want. Do I require special permissions on the sql db I am using to be able to create temp tables? Any help would be great, thanks!

Michael

How are you connecting to the stored procedure in a directory?

SQL Profiler may let you troubleshoot what user account and object this error message relates to.

|||

I had a developer do this awhile ago too; you require elevated permissions to create tables. Try just clearing the table rather than deleting and recreating the table every time the report is run it requires less security.

No comments:

Post a Comment