Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 11 when logging in

I just installed SQL Server 2005 with SP2 on Vista. When I try to login from SQL Server Management Studio, I get the following error message in the log:

2007-09-15 18:58:02.23 Logon Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 11.
2007-09-15 18:58:02.23 Logon Login failed for user '<computer name>\<user account>'.[CLIENT: <local machine>]

Since I can't login, I can't try some of the stuff I have seen here, such as creating new logins etc.

I installed Analysis Server and Integration Services at the same time. Logging in to them both works fine.

I use windows authentication. I don't know if changing that helps, as I don't know how to change it without logging in in the first place...

I think you entered in Windows with an account (<computer name>\<user account>) that hasn't a SQL login.

If your windows account should have administrator privillege it should enter with SQL login named "Builtin\administrators"

To the other part reading this the builtin administrator is disabled by default in Vista.

So repair first this.

|||

Gigi is correct. You can also read about this issue here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa905868.aspx.

Thanks

Laurentiu

No comments:

Post a Comment