Sunday, March 11, 2012

Error: 14151, Severity: 18, State: 1. Error when reinitialising a publication

Hi,

I have three publications on a dev server. All are sql 2005 merge replication (push) with replication running to subscribers on the same instance of sql server (note this is just dev testing).

However, I have just marked one for re-initialisation / create new snapshot / don't upload changes but when I kick off the synchronisation it says it has insufficient permission to run the snapshot.

When I do this for the other two there is no problem.

SQLAgent is running (using LocalSystem) so I don't know why my reinitialisation won't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think I have found the source of my problem!

My parameterised filter referred to a view that wasn't in the publication. Doh!

Just wondering if this is something that should be validated in the wizard. Views referenced in the list of objects are flagged up to remind the user that the underlying objects must also be in the publication but this caution/validation isn't performed when setting up the filters.

Interestingly when I did have this set up incorrectly it did manage to create the subscriber but I don't think the partition was correctly created. However, when I attempted to re-initialize the subscription that's when I got the error.

Cheers, James

No comments:

Post a Comment